Tuesday, March 23, 2004

LIVIN' LARGE

After a long, long day of work, and despite the tempation to skip it, I made my first step into the gym! I barely made it before it closed, giving me about 30 minutes to do exactly what I had gone to do: walk fastly for 30 minutes on a treadmill. To help me with my newfound enthusiasm for fitness, I bought some simple, but cozy and cool sweats and a couple of cheap t-shirts and a good ole hat to throw on before and after. I walked at 3.5 mph at a 6.0 grade for 30 minutes and then a cool down. My damn legs were burning and I felt like I was walking on rubber when I stepped off of the treadmill. I wondered if I would feel self-conscious in the gym and for the most part, I didn't feel anything except my focus. My music helped, though I swear, just one teensy step with the wrong angle or timing and I would have flown off the belt. I had to really focus and just keep walking, walking, walking... Luckily, there were very few people there that late at night.

And even luckier that no one saw the large, long strip of tape running up the side of my new sweats reading [size: L L L L L L L L L L]. I found it as I bent to breathe after my long, intense walk...

Tomorrow is my first weights work out! WOO HOO!

No comments: