Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Roller Skates Away: Carlos Reporting In

As you may know, Carlos and I are experimenting with entering our dreams using the symbol of our roller skating to each other and trying to find each other at night on the Astral Plane. It's just for fun, but the results are turning out to be quite interesting!

Carlos just filled me in on his first dream remembered with me in it!

He dreamt that we were at a Korean market and there were kittens for sale. I instructed him to go choose a kitten and pay for it. As he went to do so, he started realizing the kittens were actually being sold for food. He began to be overwhelmed with the thought that I had decided I wanted to eat "Chinese" since I hadn't had it in a long time, and so I was breaking down and having him buy us a kitten to eat. He remembers seeing me waiting and smiling at him as he paid for the kitten. By the time he got to me, he was crying very hard about the situation. I said to him to just get to the car with me.

Upon arriving at the car, two little girls were in the back seat and I handed them the kitten. I then comforted Carlos, explaining that we were RESCUING the kitten, not planning to eat it!

End Dream

This dream seems directly related to his exposure to my feelings about animal rights and veganism, equating his love for kittens as a way to make that connection to other animals who are just as precious as a kitten, but being used for food every day.

Interesting...

No comments: